Friday, November 7, 2008

Charlotte Moss - Architectural Details

Here are a few of my favorite images from Charlotte Moss' Manhattan apartment which was featured in the November-December of Veranda that just came out. I so admire her style and unique aesthetic. But what I loved most about her apartment were all of the architectural engravings. Using classical architectural engravings as art... or even wallpaper... is a great way to incorporate an appreciation for classical architecture and design without having to have a completely traditional interior.

Love the custom wallpaper-- makes something "old" seem very new!

Notice the back of the door is also covered in the architectural wallpaper.

I hope to start my own collection of architectural sketches soon. I wish I had started when I was studying in Italy... but I'll just add that to my list of reasons to go back! I love that she has hung her collection at eye level and below... definitely helps out the vertically challenged like myself!

No comments: